Thank you for your interest in the SpecialtyCare Brown-Brukardt Perfusion Education Scholarship Program! There are four capped, one-time, $20,000 scholarships available and two scholarship tracks.
To be considered for Track 1, you must be currently enrolled in a CAAHEP-accredited perfusion education program as a student in good standing. There will be three finalists selected for Track 1. See below for a list of acceptable programs. (Track 1 candidates must include their Perfusion Program Director as one of their references.)
To be considered for Track 2, you must currently be a clinical technician working in an operating room setting as an autotransfusion and/or Perfusion Assistant capacity, or a surgical assistant working in a sterile environment. There will be one selected finalist from this category. The selected finalist must provide documentation that they have been accepted into a Perfusion CAAHEP program by December 30, 2020.
Applicants who are accepted for next-level reviews will also participate in a personal interview arranged and coordinated with the committee member(s).
THE REVIEW PROCESS
Transcripts, letters of recommendation, essay and resume/cv are mandatory parts of the scholarship application process. The selection committee will acknowledge receipt of all applications only when all files and supporting documentation have been submitted.
Applications or supporting documentation for an application received after 4 p.m. CST March 23, 2020, will not be eligible. All applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision no sooner than three weeks after the end of the application deadline.
Scholarship winners will be offered post-graduation employment by SpecialtyCare. Upon acceptance of the scholarship offer, the awardee must agree to terms of employment and meet all eligibility criteria for employment with SpecialtyCare.
To be eligible for the SpecialtyCare Perfusion Education Scholarship (Track 1), you must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in one of the following accredited perfusion education programs:
- Barry University – Miami Shores, FL
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation – Cleveland, OH
- Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, SC
- Midwestern University – Glendale, AZ
- Milwaukee School of Engineering – Milwaukee, WI
- North Shore University Hospital/LIU Post – Manhasset, NY
- Quinnipiac University – Hamden, CT
- Rush University – Chicago, IL
- SUNY Upstate Medical University – Syracuse, NY
- Texas Heart Institute Perfusion Program - Houston, TX
- Thomas Jefferson University – Philadelphia, PA
- University of Arizona – Tucson, AZ
- University of Iowa Health Care – Iowa City, IA
- University of Nebraska Medical Center – Omaha, NE
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston – Houston, TX
- University of Pittsburgh Perfusion Program – Pittsburgh, PA
- Vanderbilt University – Nashville, TN
Please direct any questions you may have to email@example.com.