Thank you for your interest in the SpecialtyCare Brown-Brukardt Perfusion Education Scholarship Program. There are two scholarship tracks.
To be considered for track 1, you must be currently enrolled in a CAAHEP-accredited perfusion education program as a student in good standing. There will be three finalists selected for track 1. See below for a list of acceptable programs.
To be considered for track 2, you must currently be a clinical technician working in an operating room setting, supporting the duties and responsibilities assigned to and functioning within an Autotransfusion and/or Perfusion Assistant capacity. There will be one selected finalist from this category. The selected finalist must be accepted into and, within (9)-nine calendar months following grant of the scholarship, enrolled within a Perfusion CAAHEP program as identified below.
Applicants who are accepted for next-level reviews will also participate in a personal interview arranged and coordinated with committee member(s).
The selection committee will acknowledge receipt of all applications only when all files and supporting documentation have been submitted. Transcripts, letters of recommendation, essay and resume/cv are mandatory parts of the scholarship application process.
Applications or supporting documentation for an application received after Februay 28, 2019 will not be eligible.
All applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision no sooner than three weeks after the end of the application deadline.
The successful candidate will be offered post-graduation employment by SpecialtyCare. Upon acceptance of the scholarship offer, the awardee must agree to terms of employment and meet all eligibility criteria for employment with SpecialtyCare.
To be eligible for the SpecialtyCare Perfusion Education Scholarship (track 1), you must be currently enrolled, as a full-time student, in one of the following accredited perfusion education programs:
- Barry University – Miami Shores, FL
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation – Cleveland, OH
- Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, SC
- Midwestern University – Glendale, AZ
- Milwaukee School of Engineering – Milwaukee, WI
- North Shore University Hospital/LIU Post – Manhasset, NY
- Quinnipiac University – Hamden, CT
- Rush University – Chicago, IL
- SUNY Upstate Medical University – Syracuse, NY
- Texas Heart Institute Perfusion Program - Houston, TX
- Thomas Jefferson University – Philadelphia, PA
- University of Arizona – Tucson, AZ
- University of Iowa Health Care – Iowa City, IA
- University of Nebraska Medical Center – Omaha, NE
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston – Houston, TX
- University of Pittsburgh Perfusion Program – Pittsburgh, PA
- Vanderbilt University – Nashville, TN
Please direct any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.